On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s start our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 26 11 Midbrain (1_5) Below
Begin 26 11 Midbrain (1_5) Transcription
Section 9, the midbrain. Please refer to the figures 9.1 and 9.2.
The midbrain is located between what two structures?
- The diencephalon and the pons.
The midbrain is involved in the mediation of what two groups of reflexes?
- Auditory and visual reflexes.
There are two cranial nerves that exit from the midbrain, these two cranial nerves are involved in what function?
- In the control of extraocular eye movements.
Student doctor, using their numbered form, what are the two cranial nerves that exit from the midbrain?
- Cranial nerve III and cranial nerve IV.
What are the other names for these cranial nerves?
- Cranial nerve III is also called the oculomotor nerve, and the cranial nerve IV is also called the trochlear nerve.
Please describe where the oculomoter nerve, cranial nerve III, exits the midbrain.
The oculomotor nerve, cranial nerve III, exits the ventral surface of the midbrain near the midline, from the interpeduncular fossa.
And where does the trochlear nerve, cranial nerve IV, exits the midbrain? Cranial nerve IV, the trochlear nerve, exits from the dorsal surface near the midline.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here