On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s start our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 26 19 Pons (4_5)Below
Begin 26 19 Pons (4_5) Transcription
Now we’re going to take a look at ascending sensory pathways in the pons.
Which nuclei in the pons give rise to the contralateral lateral lemniscus?
- The dorsal and ventral cochlear nuclei.
What structure in the pons consists of decussating fibers of the ventrocochlear nuclei?
- This is the trapezoid body.
What additional four things are contained in the trapezoid body?
- The trapezoid body also contains acoustic striae, the medial lemniscus, exiting abducent fibers, and corticobulbar fibers.
Student doctor, what are the auditory relay nuclei in the pons?
- The superior olivary nucleus.
And which ascending sensory pathway forms the auditory pathway from the trapezoid body to the nuclei of the inferior colliculus?
- The lateral lemniscus.
Student doctor, what ascending tract mediates contralateral dorsal column modalities to the VPL nucleus of the thalamus?
- The medial lemniscus.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here