On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s start our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 27 09 The Limbic System Below
Begin 27 09 The Limbic System Transcription
All right, number thirteen, the limbic system.
The limbic system is composed of what structures?
- Please pause if you wish. The amygdala, the hippocampal formation, the cingulate cortex, the septal nuclei, the nucleus accumbens, and parts of the thalamus.
The limbic system is associated with what functions?
- With emotional expression, attention, motivation, and reward.
Student doctor, what would be the result of a lesion to the septal nuclei?
- A lesion to the septal nuclei would result in rage and aggression.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here