On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s start our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 01 03 Anatomy Derivations from the Endoderm Below
Begin 01 03 Anatomy Derivations from the Endoderm Transcription
- Endothelium, elimination, nourishment
Most of the glands of the body are from endoderm, except one. What is this exception?
- Adrenal medulla
What is the key concept in knowing where we’ll find endothelium from endoderm in the body?
- Endothelium lines all of the fluid filled cavities of the body.
What six structures are listed in the drawing as being lined with endothelium?
- The lining of the heart, blood vessels, lymphatic system, urogenital system, urinary bladder and middle ear.
What three organs or systems of organs are illustrated in the drawing as deriving from endoderm?
- The lungs, GI system and the pancreas.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****