On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s continue our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 01 05 Anatomy Derivations from the Ectoderm Below
Begin 01 05 Anatomy Derivations from the Ectoderm Transcription
- The E and C.
And what do they stand for?
- Epidermis and communication.
Give four types of epidermis derived from ectoderm.
- Hair, skin, nails, enamel of the teeth.
Give four organs or categories of communication derived from ectoderm.
- The brain, the entire body nervous system, the adrenal medulla and all the sensory organs.
What are the senses of the head derived from ectoderm?
- The olfactory receptors, the retina, the inner ear for hearing, the semicircular canals for balance.
In general, sensory organs in the body from ectoderm fall into three categories. What are they?
- Sensory organs of the skin, the viscera and the musculature.
What part of the adrenal gland is derived from ectoderm?
- The adrenal medulla.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here