On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s continue our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 01 07 Anatomy Branchial Clefts, Arches and Pouches Below
Begin 01 07 Anatomy Branchial Clefts, Arches and Pouches Transcription
- They’re in the middle.
What is external?
- The branchial cells.
What is internal?
- The branchial pouches.
The branchial clefts being external, what type of embryonic tissue?
The branchial arches being in the middle, what kind of embryonic tissue?
The branchial pouches being internal, what kind of tissue?
What are the five branchial arches?
- Arches 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6.
What happened to number five?
- It has disappeared in humans.
What are the branchial pouches?
- Pouches 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Branchial pouch 1 gives rise to what three structures?
- Lining of the middle ear cavity, Eustachian tube and mastoid air cells.
Branchial pouch 2 gives rise to what structure?
- Epithelial lining of palatine tonsil.
Branchial pouch 3 gives rise to what two glands?
- The inferior parathyroids and the thymus.
Branchial pouch 4 gives rise to what gland?
- Superior parathyroids.
And branchial pouch 5 gives part to what part of what gland?
- The parafollicular C cells of the thyroid.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here