On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s continue our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 01 09 Anatomy Branchial Arch Derivations Below
Begin 01 09 Anatomy Branchial Arch Derivations Transcription
- By function.
Structures of branchial arch 1, there’s a primary function and a shared function. What are they?
- Primary function is mastication, shared function is hearing.
Branchial arch 2 has a primary function, a shared function with arch 1 and a shared function with arch 3. What are they?
- Primary function is facial expression, shared with 1 is hearing, shared with 3 is swallowing.
Branchial arch 3 has a shared function with 2. What is it?
Branchial arch 4 has two shared functions with 3 and 6. What are these?
- Shared with 3 is swallowing, shared with 6 is speaking.
Branchial arch 6 has a shared function with 4. What is it?
What function is shared by branchial arches 1 and 2?
Point of clarification: Branchial arches 1 and 2 do not make up all the hearing apparatus. It’s just that both of these arches contribute some of the structures of the apparatus.
What was the primary function of branchial arch 1?
What is the primary function of branchial arch 2?
- Facial expression.
What is the function shared by branchial arches 3 and 4?
What is the function shared by branchial arches 4 and 6?
Please give the functions in order, starting with hearing.
- Hearing, mastication, facial expression, swallowing, voice.
What two branchial arches are involved in swallowing?
- 3 and 4.
What branchial arch is involved with facial expression?
Which arch is mastication?
Which two arches share voice?
- 4 and 6.
And what two branchial arches participate in hearing?
- 1 and 2.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here