On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s continue our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 01 12 Anatomy Pharyngeal Pouch Derivations Below
Begin 01 12 Anatomy Pharyngeal Pouch Derivations Transcription
The branchial pouch derivations are of what embryological origin?
How many pharyngeal pouches are there?
What is the main structure for pharyngeal pouch 1?
- The middle ear.
How about for pharyngeal pouch 2?
What’s the main structure for pharyngeal pouch 3?
- Thymus and inferior parathyroids.
What’s the main structure for pharyngeal pouch 4?
- Superior parathyroids or dorsal wings.
And what’s the main structure for pharyngeal pouch 5?
- Parafollicular C cells of the thyroid gland.
This time, I’ll give the structure and you respond with the pharyngeal pouch number.
- Pouch 2.
Thymus and inferior parathyroids?
- Pouch 3.
Parafollicular C cells of the thyroid gland?
- Pouch 5.
- Pouch 1.
- Pouch 4.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here