On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s continue our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 01 18 Anatomy Knee Function Below
Begin 01 18 Anatomy Knee Function Transcription
We have four motions at the knee: extension, flexion, outward and inward rotation.
Please give the muscle and nerve for extension.
- Quadriceps femoris muscle/femoral nerve L2, L3, L4.
Group and nerve for flexion at the knee?
- The hamstring muscles, all sciatic nerve.
Muscle, nerve and levels for outward rotation?
- Biceps femoris muscle, that’s outward rotation when the knee is flexed, sciatic nerve L1-S3.
Inward rotation with the knee flexed?
- Semimembranous muscle/sciatic nerve L1-S2.
Name the muscle, nerve and cord levels for flexion at the knee.
- Hamstrings, biceps femoris, semitendinous, semimembranous, all sciatic nerve L1-S3.
Let’s turn it around. Give motion, nerve and levels for the following muscles.
- Extension of the knee, femoral nerve L2-L4.
Biceps femoris by itself?
- When the knee is flexed, outward rotation, sciatic nerve L1-S3.
Semimembranous muscle by itself?
- When the knee is flexed, inward rotation, sciatic nerve L2-S2.
- Flexion, sciatic nerve L1-S3.
Student-doctor, please pause the tape and summarize the four motions of the knee with muscles, nerves and levels. Again, start with the motions.
- Extension, flexion, outward and inward rotation. For extension, quadriceps femoris/femoral nerve L2-L4. For flexion, hamstring muscles, biceps femoris, semitendinous and semimembranous and all sciatic nerves L1-S3. Outward rotation with the knee flexed, biceps femoris muscle/sciatic nerve L1-S3. And inward rotation with the knee flexed, semimembranous muscle/sciatic nerve L1-S2.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here