On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s continue our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 02 13 Anatomy Arteries of the Abdomen Branches Below
Begin 02 13 Anatomy Arteries of the Abdomen Branches Transcription
Going back to the top once again, what branches come off the inferior phrenic arteries?
- The superior suprarenal arteries and the recurrent branch up to the esophagus.
What are the 3 arteries coming off the celiac trunk?
- Common hepatic artery, left gastric artery, and splenic artery.
What two arteries come off the splenic artery?
- The superior dorsal and great pancreatic arteries.
What two arteries come off the common hepatic artery?
- The proper hepatic and gastroduodenal arteries.
What are the three branches of the gastroduodenal artery?
- Supraduodenal, posterior superior pancreatic duodenal, and anterior superior pancreatic duodenal arteries.
Coming down the aorta, we have the pancreas and splenic vein again, and then, the next main structure is what?
- The superior mesenteric artery.
And what are the six arteries off that again?
- Inferior pancreaticoduodenal, middle colic, right colic, ileocolic, first jejunal, and jejunal and ileal arteries.
There are two branches coming off the ileocolic artery, what are they?
- The ileal branch and the colic branch.
And what are the three branches coming off the ilieal branch?
- Anterior and posterior cecal arteries and appendicular artery.
Now, moving down the aorta we have the left renal vein, we have the jejunum, and we have those ovarian and testicular arteries coming directly off the aorta. And then we have the next big structure which is what?
- The inferior mesenteric artery.
Which three structures are served by the inferior mesenteric artery?
- Descending colon, sigmoid colon, and superior rectum.
And what are the three arteries?
- Left colic artery, sigmoid arteries, and superior rectal artery.
What two arteries come directly off the aorta underneath the inferior mesenteric artery?
- The middle sacral artery from the posterior aorta and the left uroteric artery.
Let’s back up and review. What five organs are served by the celiac trunk?
- Liver, stomach, spleen, duodenum, and superior pancreas.
And, what six organs are supplied by the superior mesenteric artery?
- Inferior pancreas, duodenum, small intestine, cecum, ascending colon, and transverse colon.
By the way, the superior mesenteric artery passes superiorly to what two structures?
- Left renal vein and jejunum. And the inferior mesenteric artery passes deep to those two structures.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here