On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s continue our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 02 18 Anatomy Facial Nerve Below
Begin 02 18 Anatomy Facial Nerve Transcription
Alright, moving ahead with the cranial nerves very quickly here.
In what two ways does CN VII, the facial nerve, participate in digestion?
- The salivary glands, parasympathetic innervation, and taste.
From where does CN VII, the facial nerve, gather taste sensation?
- The anterior 2/3 of the tongue.
Now, the nerve fibers carrying taste sensation from the anterior 2/3 of the tongue to CN VII first travel on a branch of CN V.
What is that branch?
- The lingual nerve.
And then, there’s a branch from the lingual nerve which is a branch of CN VII and what is that?
- Chorda tympani.
And if you remember, what other fibers of CN VII are carried in chorda tympani? The parasympathetic fibers going to what..?
- the submandibular and sublingual glands.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here