On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s continue our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 02 24 Anatomy Larynx Below
Begin 02 24 Anatomy Larynx Transcription
While we’re here, we’ll just touch on the larynx very quickly.
Which cranial nerve supplies innervation to all of the muscles of the larynx, including the vocal cords?
- Cranial nerve X, the vagus.
Which nerve and branch of the vagus supplies the cricothyroid muscle?
- The superior laryngeal nerve external branch.
Is the cricothyroid an intrinsic or extrinsic laryngeal muscle?
- It is an extrinsic laryngeal muscle.
And what is its function in phonation?
- Pitch and inflection.
The internal branch of the superior laryngeal nerve of the vagus gathers sensation from what part of the larynx?
- The mucosa of the larynx and pharynx above the true vocal cords, including, the epiglottis.
All of these intrinsic laryngeal muscles are supplied by what nerve of the vagus?
- The recurrent laryngeal nerve.
The recurrent laryngeal nerve also gathers sensation from what part inside the larynx and respiratory tract?
- The laryngeal mucosa below the true vocal cords and the upper esophagus and upper trachea.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here