On these “Gold Standard Step 1 Facts” pages you will find Free:
- USMLE Audio Review files from our “Gold Standard USMLE Reviews”
- Transcriptions of those files
- And videos (as they become available)
The idea is that you can review for the USMLE online by:
- Listening to the Audio
- Following along with the transcription
- Or by watching the video (if available)
If you like what you here, you can purchase the entire Gold Standard Step 1 MP3 audio USMLE review for your iPhone, iPod, or computer here.
Let’s start our USMLE Review with Anatomy from the Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review program.
Play USMLE Audio MP3 25 12 Functional Areas Below
Begin 25 12 Functional Areas Transcription
We’re going to take a look for a moment at functional areas of the cerebral cortex, associated lesions, and clinical correlations.
Student doctor, please list four or five primary functions of the frontal lobe in general. Intellect, conceptual planning, motor activation, and aspects of language production, and personality.
What might be some of the results of a lesion of the frontal lobe, especially a large one?
- Intellectual impairment, alterations of motor activities, language dysfunction, and personality changes.
Student doctor, what are the two primary functions of the parietal lobe?
- Somatosensory perception, discrimination and integration of visual and auditory information.
Which parietal lobe has a preferential role in verbal processing?
- This would be the right parietal lobe.
What does the left lobe have a preference for?
- The left lobe has a preferential role in visual-spatial processing.
Student doctor, what are the two areas of primary function of the temporal lobe?
- Auditory perception and discrimination, and language, learning, memory, and emotion.
Finally, student doctor, what are the primary functions of the occipital lobe?
- Visual perception and recognition.
****END OF TRANSCRIPTION****
Want More USMLE Step 1 Review Facts?
- Download the complete 82 Hour Gold Standard USMLE Step 1 Audio Review Here
- Find the complete list of Gold Standard Step 1 USMLE Facts Here